A Drug Treatment Program that Has Been Successful For Decades!
Individuals from all over the country, many originating from California, attend our drug and alcohol abuse rehab program because it has helped thousands nation-wide crush addiction. If you are looking for a sure-fire rehabilitation treatment center for yourself or a loved one from California get in touch with us right away.
Complete the rehab help questionnaire on this page or call us now at 1-800-473-0930.
We offer flexible, solutions-oriented drug and substance abuse rehabilitation programs for people looking for a permanent end to addiction. Find out more about how we can help you or a loved one by reaching out to us today.
Call our helpline, open 24 hours a day, or fill out the form to the right to assess your rehabilitation options now.
We look forward to speaking with you. Get assistance today!
Drug Addiction Articles – California News
- California Drug Abuse Facts California is a state located on the West Coast of the United States. It is by far the most populous of all the United States. It is the third most extensive. It is home to the nation’s second and sixth largest census. Its population is 37,691,912. Way back in the early 20th century there was ...
- Report on Drug Abuse in Los Angeles, California Los Angeles is the second largest city in the United States. The city was founded in 1781 and incorporated in 1850. It has a population of 3,694,820 and there are about three people to each home in Los Angeles. When you visit Los Angeles you will be impressed as it has dozens of museums. It ...
- Mexican man pleads guilty for California drug tunnels The Mexican man connected with two of the biggest marijuana seizures ever recorded in American history just admitted to his guilt while in federal court. Daniel Navarro allegedly conducted nearly 100,000 pounds of marijuana across the Mexican border into California. Federal authorities discovered the drug loads in the month of November. Navarro is attempting to receive a ...
- Two Fresno, CA meth abusers killed in high-speed chase According to Channel 6 News based out of San Diego, two car thieves that were shot and killed by California patrolmen were high on methamphetamine. This report came after a toxicology test conducted by the coroner of Fresno County. Sharon Mello, the driver of the car, had also been high on morphine. 48-year old Mello and ...
- San Diego native arrested for drug trafficking Mexican federal police have captured an American-born drug lord, San Diego native Armando Villareal Heredia.Villareal has been accused of trafficking drugs from the Mexican state of Sinaloa across the boarder into the United States. Villareal is also wanted in the United States on conspiracy and racketeering charges that allege murder and kidnapping in California. The alleged ...
- San Diego judge sentences Mexican drug smuggler This Friday, a federal judge in San Diego, California sentenced Mexican drug smuggler Jesus Navarro-Montes to life in prison after he ran over and killed a U.S. Border Patrol agent. The agent was attempting to stop Montes using a spike strip when Montes ran him over in his Hummer at a speed of at least 55 ...
California Drug Information
Cocaine is readily available throughout the state with Los Angeles remaining one of the nation’s largest cocaine transshipment and distribution centers. Cocaine is also widely available in San Francisco and other areas of northern California.
The increased availability of high purity heroin that can be snorted allows a new, younger population to use heroin without a needle.
Marijuana remains the most widely available and abused illicit substance in California. Marijuana has been legalized for medical purposes in the state of California, although federal law still bans it. California drug rehabs consider marijuana to be the worst gateway drug. Many California drug abuse rehab clients who are hooked on meth, cocaine, heroin, and other street drugs first started their pattern of drug abuse with marijuana but then moved on to harder substances once they developed a tolerance.
Methamphetamine is the primary drug threat in California. Within the state, Hispanics and Caucasians are the almost exclusive consumers of meth. Purity levels of meth have ranged from a low of 10% to a high of 100% pure. Methamphetamine and crystal meth create a long, dangerous cycle of addiction that can leave its abuser sleepless for weeks. In California, many meth addicts have overdosed in a hectic attempt at keeping their high.
Although ecstasy (MDMA) was considered the most popular club drug in the state among teens and young adults, there are indicators that its use may be decreasing across the board, although the drug remains consistently available in geographical pockets. Recent studies indicate that use of MDMA is expanding from raves and clubs into schools, malls and private residences. Despite being on the decline, Ecstasy is still responsible for great deal of California emergency room visits occasioned by accidental overdose. Since Ecstasy in California may be laced with other drugs and poisons, even one pill can be deadly for California residents.
Current investigations indicate that the diversion of hydrocodone products, such as Vicodin, and oxycodone products, such as OxyContin, continues to be a problem in California.
Contact us today for more information about California drug abuse rehab by calling 1-800-473-0930.
According to data from the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), approximately 2.6 million California citizens over the age of 12 reported past month use of an illicit drug.
Additional NSDUH results indicate that 880,000 California citizens reported illicit drug dependence or abuse within the past year. Approximately 618,000 reported past year illicit drug dependence.
During 2006, there were 193,717 drug/alcohol treatment admissions in California. There were 183,278 treatment admissions in California during 2005. More than one-third of these treatment admissions were related to amphetamines, during both 2005 and 2006.
However, approximately 849,000 California citizens reported needing but not receiving treatment for illicit drug use within the past year.
In 2010, according to CBS news, federal and California state authorities targeted marijuana growers in a month-long sweep that resulted in seizure of almost $2.0 billion worth of pot as well as nearly 100 arrests. The Fresno County Sheriff stated that most of those arrested were Mexican nationals, and that several Mexican drug cartels were involved in growing the marijuana. Over 400,000 marijuana plants growing on California soil were discovered and destroyed during the sweep.