A Drug and Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Treatment Program that Is Successful!
People from all over the United States (including the State of Illinois) come to our drug rehabilitation program because it has proven successful helping thousands of people put an end to dependency on drugs. If you are seeking for a results-proven rehab center for yourself or a loved one in Illinois, please get in touch with us immediately.
Our solutions-oriented drug abuse rehab and substance abuse rehabilitation program is unmatched. For those desperate to break free from addiction, we stand at the ready to help. Hear more about how we can help you by contacting us today.
Call our helpline, monitored 24 hours a day, or use the form below for assistance.
We look forward to speaking with you. Get assistance today!
Submit the rehab help questionnaire on this page or call us now at 1-800-473-0930.
Drug Addiction Articles – Illinois News
- Drug Ring Busted The Suspicions of many investigators where confirmed when 5 million dollars cash and a large amount of drugs where seized in Chicago during several drug busts. Federal investigators had suspected for months that Mexican Cartels where using Chicago as a base of operation to distribute drugs. Do to its center location and proximity to other large ...
- Chicago Tribune States Popular Sleeping Pill Ambien Linked to Increased Death Rate Sleeping pill users five times more likely to die than non-users The most common misconception about prescription sleep-aids is that they are safe. After more than 500,000 deaths, Scripps Health, with the help of Professor Robert Langer of MIT, started a long and detailed investigation on the safety of taking sleep-aids. The Tribune reports that “heavy users aren’t ...
- Illinois Targets Boaters Under the Influence According to the U.S. Coast Guard, alcohol is the main contributing factor to fatal boating accidents. With more than 12 million registered boats in the United States alone, safety becomes a top priority. Recently, Illinois’ Department of Natural Resources Conservation Police arrested a dozen boaters for operating boats while under the influence on Memorial day. Last ...
- Immunity Laws Considered for Overdose Cases in Illinois Illinois legislators are considering immunity for overdose victims and the people that help them, regardless of how much drugs they have on their person, says the Chicago Tribune. Friends of overdose victims have a real dilemma currently in the sate. If they help, they run the risk of arrest. One of the law’s main advocates, Kathie ...
- New Illinois Bill Targets Synthetic Drug Abuse Two Illinois senators have taken a stab at synthetic drug abuse in their state by introducing a unique bill that sufficiently broadens the definition of “synthetic drugs” in order to allow law enforcement officials to be able to crack down on marijuana, cocaine and heroin substitutes. Such synthetic drugs as “fake bath salts” and “spice,” which ...
Illinois Drug Information
Marijuana is the most widely available and used illicit drug in Illinois. Drug abuse rehabs in Illinois consider marijuana to be the major gateway drug in the state. Prescription drug abuse, however, has become Illinois’s number two gateway drug. Many drug rehabs have as their clients Illinois residents who first started using pot before going on to harder street drugs.
Methamphetamine is the principal drug of concern in the rural areas of central and southern Illinois; although there is increasing evidence that methamphetamine is being distributed in the Chicago area.
The diversion of legitimate pharmaceuticals is a significant problem in Illinois. The most commonly diverted pharmaceutical drugs continue to be those containing hydrocodone, alprazolam and phentermine. There has been a notable increase in the number of reported incidents of diverted pseudoephedrine. OxyContin remains a highly abused substance in the state, although with increased media attention on OxyContin there has been a shift to an increased abuse of methadone.
Crack cocaine abuse is the most serious drug problem in Illinois, particularly in Chicago and other urban areas. Treatment admissions for cocaine abuse more than doubled in Illinois since 1990, according to the Illinois Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse. Many Illinois residents have admitted getting hooked on crack cocaine after one hit. Illinois authorities attribute many crimes committed in the state to crack cocaine abuse. Crack cocaine abusers will do anything to get their next fix, including perpetrating violent crimes. Illinois residents dependent on crack cocaine have been known to even commit suicide when unable to get their next high.
Contact us today for more information about Illinois drug abuse rehab by calling 1-800-473-0930.
According to data from the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), approximately 780,000 Illinois citizens over the age of 12 reported past month use of an illicit drug.
Additional survey results indicate that 294,000 Illinois citizens reported illicit drug dependence or abuse within the past year. Approximately 199,000 reported past year illicit drug dependence.
During 2006, there were 67,392 drug/alcohol treatment admissions in Illinois. During 2005, there were 78,590 such treatment admissions in the state. During 2004, there were 81,722 treatment admissions in Illinois.
However, approximately 265,000 Illinois citizens reported needing but not receiving treatment for illicit drug use within the past year.
According to the Greenfield Reporter, an investigation into crack and marijuana trafficking has resulted in 16 suspects receiving drug-related charges. The announcement came April 6th, 2011 after the FBI led raids into Bloomington and the city of Normal, in central Illinois. It is thought that these people were involved in an operation attempting to smuggle drugs from Chicago.