More than 15,000 people die from drug abuse related causes each and every year in Louisiana, but if your loved one is addicted to drugs, another statistic might be more important to you: the number 1, which is the number of times your family member needs to overdose before they become one of those 15,000 fatalities.
The symptoms of drug abuse are difficult to treat because they are just that: symptoms. The cause of drug abuse remains hidden. The drug user may have long forgotten why they were using drugs in the first place. That’s what Narconon Riverbend helps them to discover. That problem can be fixed, and when it is, the drug user no longer has to rely on drugs to get through life.
At Narconon Riverbend, we use a non-traditional, non-twelve step approach. We don’t treat the symptoms of addiction, and we don’t use drugs to replace other drugs. Instead we use natural methods to help you get off drugs, then through groundbreaking counseling and life coaching courses, we help you build up to a better life.
The path from addiction to a happy, successful life isn’t easy. But it’s possible. We’re helped countless Louisiana residents regain control of their lives.
Call 1-800-473-0930 now for immediate assistance.
Narconon Riverbend is a non-profit organization. We’re here to help. If you have questions about treatment for your loved one, give us a call right now. One of our experienced, helpful counselors will do everything they can to guide you in the right direction, even if it means sending your loved one to another facility. At Narconon, our primary concern is getting the drug addict the help that he or she needs, no matter what.
- Louisiana Tough Drug Addiction Laws Drug Rehabilitation Advocates Meet State Officials At the South Louisiana Community College campus, advocates and government officials Director Marjorie Esman, Judge Fredericka Wicker, Pelican Institute of Public Policy President Kevin Kane, Sen. Fred Mills, R-Parks, and Rep. Terry Landry, D-Lafayette, addressed issues plaguing the state’s prison system. LAFAYETTE, La. — Looking ahead at the next legislative session, ...
- Drug activity in Louisiana Louisiana is pretty good state to live in. they have the New Orleans Saints that cause lots of excitement and the LSU Tigers and that is something to be proud of. Louisiana was one of the first states to ban the distribution of the synthetic drugs called bath salts. So it is ahead of a ...
- Louisiana’s 3 Most Shocking Drug Abuse Facts Zombie Killers, Mary-Jane Lovers, and Smurfer State Gore Galore: Get the Dirt on Drug Abuse in Louisiana The Zombie Apocalypse Cometh When most people think about being bitten in the bayou state, images of delectable True Blood-esque vampires might be the first thought that comes to mind. But you may as well shelf the fantasies of lanky ...
- Report on Drug Abuse in Assumption Parish, Louisiana It was reported in The Advocate that there was an eight month investigation by the Assumption parish Sheriff’s Department and that led to the arrests of 16 people. Sheriff Waguespack said, “Undercover officers bought Lortab, Oxycodone, Lorcet and morphine, along with crack cocaine and marijuana, throughout the parish as part of ‘Operation Should Have Got a ...
- Marijuana Bust in Morgan City, Louisiana Just within the last few days there was a task force for the St. Mary Parish and it was made up of Sheriff’s department, Morgan City Police Dept. Franklin police Department, Baldwin Police Department, Berwick police department and Chitimacha Police dept. This was an all out effort to capture those who think that drug distribution ...
Drug Rehab Options in Louisiana
The drug rehabs in Louisiana fall into several major categories.
Short Term Drug Rehab in Louisiana
We do not recommend that you use a short-term drug rehab solution for your loved one. The reason for this is that if they are to the point of needing help with breaking their drug habit, their addiction is too serious to be successfully treated by a short term program. Typically short term programs in Louisiana follow a 30-day model or shorter and are designed to maximize insurance payouts rather than results.
There are over 100 drug rehabilitation programs in Louisiana, and many of them are either short term or outpatient programs.
Drug addiction is a long term problem that usually does not surrender to a short term solution.
Outpatient Drug Rehab in Louisiana
Outpatient drug rehabilitation has the benefit of allowing the addict to keep a job and see his family often while undergoing treatment. Unfortunately, this can also be this treatment type’s downfall. Most of the drug rehabilitation programs in Louisiana are of the outpatient variety. The convenience factor drives many addicts to outpatient rehabilitation in Louisiana.
It has been found, however, that many drug addicts go back to drugs quickly when they attempt to do rehab around the same people who led them to drugs in the first place.
Inpatient Drug Rehab in Louisiana
We advise using an inpatient facility. Narconon Riverbend, our drug rehab facility in Louisiana, uses an inpatient model of treatment for one reason: it’s the most effective treatment model.
There are two sub-types of drug rehab. One is the short-term program. We’ve already covered some of the pitfalls of Louisiana’s short term drug rehab programs. The other type of drug rehab is the long term drug rehab.
We feel that students attending our program are using the best option available in Louisiana. That is because our long term drug rehab program is open ended. Students attending our program graduate after anywhere from three to six months. They graduate when they are ready, and not when some insurance company says they need to. Only non-profit organizations such as ourselves are able to offer this type of program scheduling.
Please contact a counselor at Narconon Riverbend for more information about our program. Call 1-800-473-0930.
Drug Rehab Resources
The first step in seeking rehabilitation is getting more information. Our website has plenty of resources that Louisiana residents can use about recovering from alcohol addiction as well as addiction to street drugs.
Furthermore, we recommend that you visit the Foundation for a Drug Free World for more information about specific drugs and their side effects. If you’re worried that your loved one might become addicted to drugs, or is hanging around the wrong crowd, this is an excellent website for drug abuse prevention resources.
The Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals also provides resources for people struggling with addiction. It can be a port of last call for Louisiana residents who lack the resources to check into a rehab program, or who are in need of urgent care. The organization also operates regional drug abuse prevention offices, which can provide educational resources. Visit this page for more information.
And of course, as a non-profit drug rehabilitation center, our first priority is ensuring that you have the resources that you need to overcome addiction. Call our office for immediate assistance. Call 1-800-473-0930.