A Drug Rehab Treatment Program that Is Successful!
Individuals from all over the country, including NY state, choose our drug and alcohol abuse rehabilitation program because, simply out, it works. If you are searching for a successful rehabilitation treatment center for yourself or a loved one from New York get in touch with us today.
Our results-proven, answers-oriented drug and alcohol rehab program is the best option for people looking for a permanent end to drug dependency. Find out more about how we can help by contacting us today.
Call our helpline, open 24 hours a day, or use the form below to assess your rehabilitation options now.
We look forward to speaking with you. Get assistance today!
Fill out the rehab assistance form on this page or call us now at 1-800-473-0930.
Drug Addiction Articles – New York News
- Fentanyl Problem in Ithica Police in Ithaca, New York are trying to stop a string of heroin overdoses in its tracks. They believe fentanyl may be the cause. Fentanyl is a synthetic heroin that is much more potent and is often mixed with heroin to make it stronger. They have seen 3 fatal heroin overdoses and 13 non fatal ...
- New York Drug Abuse Prevention Drug Abuse Prevention was the topic of the day when a discussion panel was hosted by Manhattan DA and the White House Officials. There were local community leaders, health service organizations and law enforcement agencies that got together with these officials to discuss combating drug abuse in the New York City neighborhoods. Two things were ...
- Youth drug abuse stats rise in New York According to a recent survey of over 3,000 students in Steuben County, New York, the incidence of drug abuse amongst youth was higher than the national average. The Steuben County “drug-free communities coordinator,” presented to the findings to the local school board. Binge drinking was a major problem. Nearly 10% of all eighth graders and nearly 20% ...
- Former Miss Russia Goes to New York Drug Rehab Anna Malova, a former Miss Russia, transferred from jail to a New York drug rehab. Malova was put in jail by a New York court for forging painkiller prescriptions. Malova was a doctor in Russia, before becoming a model and moving to the United States. She has been charged with attempting to fill faked prescriptions for ...
- New York Police Officer Arrested for Faking Raids on Drug Dealers A New York police officer just plead guilty to robbing New York City drug dealers. Emmanuel Tavarez was an officer, mainly working in the Transit Department of the police force, and used his badge as well as faked ID to assist in fake raids of drug dealers conducted by off-duty police officers. This work resulted ...
New York Drug Information
Crack cocaine is readily available in economically depressed areas in all major New York cities, along with some suburban and semi-rural areas, and is occasionally a source of violence in upstate cities. Such violence usually occurs when new dealers challenge more established dealers over territory. With regards to drug abuse rehab, New York has many cocaine users who have tried to quit again and again but keep walking through the revolving door of “treatment”.
Heroin is readily available from Colombian and Dominican organizations operating in the New York metropolitan area. Furthermore, the heroin trafficking and abuse problem is increasing in upstate New York. New York drug abuse rehabs attribute the rise in heroin abuse to the broadscale abuse of prescription drugs such as OxyContin, which are known gateway drugs to heroin. As opioids become more abuse proof and more expensive on the street, New York drug rehabs will have to deal with many more heroin addicts in the coming years. Heroin has also become more pure in recent years, allowing a younger, needle-averse generation to smoke or sniff it instead.
Methamphetamine trafficking and abuse in New York State is a less serious problem when compared to other drugs. In the New York City area, the methamphetamine market is primarily for crystal methamphetamine produced by Mexico and/or California based Mexican methamphetamine trafficking organizations. The upstate market is primarily methamphetamine powder supplied by local clandestine labs. Methamphetamine addiction is one of the most difficult substance dependence problems for New York drug rehabs to deal with. Meth addicts attending New York rehabs have reported getting hooked to the drug after as little as one hit. Methamphetamine has a dangerous cycle of abuse that leaves its user nutritionally deprived, sleepless, hallucinating and paranoid. People hooked on meth should resort to a drug abuse rehab New York.
MDMA (ecstasy) continues to be available throughout New York. Belgium, the Netherlands and Canada remain the main locations for manufacturing and exporting MDMA.
Current investigations indicate that hydrocodone products and OxyContin® are the most commonly abused pharmaceutical drugs in New York. Methadone, benzodiazepines and fentanyl were also identified as being among the most commonly abused and diverted pharmaceuticals in New York. Additionally, steroid trafficking and abuse continue to be a problem in the New York area. Steroid trafficking groups often use the internet to facilitate their illegal activities. According to a national drug abuse rehab New York has a growing population of heroin users who were first introduced to prescription opioids before finally turning to street drugs.
Contact us today for more information about New York drug abuse rehab by calling 1-800-473-0930.
According to data from the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), approximately 1.5 million of New York citizens over the age of 12 reported past month use of an illicit drug. Until there are more effective drug rehabs, upstate NY will continue suffering a drug crisis. Addiction treatment in New York has become a revolving door, where most people who receive drug abuse counseling or who check in to a drug dependence center go back to drugs within a matter of weeks. Because of the broad-scale lack of effective treatment, the problem of drug addiction in New York continues to spiral out of control. When it comes to drug abuse rehab New York simply does not have enough resources to handle this problem.
Additional survey results indicate that 501,000 New York citizens reported illicit drug dependence or abuse within the past year. Approximately 354,000 reported past year illicit drug dependence.
During 2007, there were 276,294 drug/alcohol treatment admissions in New York. There were 307,805 such treatment admissions during 2006. During 2005, there were 304,552 treatment admissions in New York.
However, approximately 433,000 New York citizens reported needing but not receiving treatment for illicit drug use within the past year.